Sparkles Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.sparkles.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we collect
This is information about you that you give us verbally or by filling in forms on Our Site – www.sparkles.co.uk; by corresponding with us on the phone, by e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you use the form on Our Site to contact us, and when you report a problem with Our Site.
The information you give us may include, without limitation: your name, address, e-mail address, and your phone number.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and device used to visit Our Site, and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time), pages visited, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers).
We will never sell your information to third parties. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- ensure that content in Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer Our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep Our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Site about services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. Information disclosed to our advertisers and advertising networks is anonymised so that information by which individuals would be identifiable would not be disclosed, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Sparkles Ltd’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its or their customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
Where we store your personal data
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers;
- access to your personal data which is not stored electronically is stored safely
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.