Everyone likes the idea of coming home to a sparkling clean kitchen, but the reality of finding time in your routine to achieve this can seem difficult, and for some, almost impossible.
But what if we told you there was a way to keep your kitchen feeling as good as new with just 20 minutes of cleaning a week? In this article, we will give you the secrets to speed cleaning your kitchen, including the must-have products to keep stocked in your cupboard, and our top tips for keeping a clean-living environment.
Must-have cleaning products
The following products will ensure you have everything you need to complete an effective yet thorough speed clean. It will also save your pennies from buying a plethora of cleaning products from the ever-growing list of solutions and gadgets available on the market. Using re-usable cloths that you can wash at home, is also better for the environment.
- Dish soap/dishwasher tablets
- All-purpose spray or solution
- Microfibre cleaning cloth
- Microfibre polishing cloth
- Norwex micro pads
- Vacuum cleaner
Step-by Step Guide to Speed Cleaning
- Sort through leftover food – store any remaining food items that are still fresh in airtight containers and place in the fridge.
- Soak dirty dishes – fill pots and pans with soapy water and leave to soak to remove stubborn grime. Rinse dirty plates and place in dishwasher or handwash. Once all crockery has been cleaned, wipe down sink with damp cloth and use toothbrush to remove remaining dirt around faucet/plug.
- Spray kitchen surfaces – spray kitchen surfaces with all-purpose cleaner, including the table and countertops, before wiping down thoroughly with a microfibre cloth.
- Wipe kitchen appliances – using a damp cloth, gently wipe your kitchen appliances to remove marks and dirt. For more stubborn grime, use a norwex micro pad.
- Vacuum – clean floors of any crumbs or spills, ensuring you get into the corners of the room and underneath the kitchen counters.
- Empty bins – sort through rubbish and rinse any recyclable containers before throwing away. Emptying the bins should be the last step to ensure all rubbish is cleared.
Don’t forget about your deep cleans
The above steps will help to keep your kitchen in a clean and liveable condition; however, it is important to give the space a deep clean on an annual basis to ensure appliances are well kept and odours are contained.
Sparkles provide a professional deep cleaning service, from cleaning your carpets to scrubbing your skirting boards, we ensure to cover all corners and leave your home almost unrecognisable. Contact us to enquire about our deep cleaning service today.