If you take pride in housekeeping, and spend countless hours ensuring every room is spotless, there is nothing more frustrating than having grubby external windows to ruin your aesthetic.
What’s more, it can be hard to pinpoint the cause of the unknown marks and grime, and even if you regularly clean the outside of your windows, it can quickly build up out of nowhere.
In this article, we will reveal 5 major culprits for causing this unwanted dirt and recommendations to overcome them – so you can keep your windows sparkling in between professional cleans.
- Cooking Fumes – Cooking is a common cause of dirty windows, as the steam, grease and bacteria produced from kitchen appliances settle on the glass, and if your window is left open during the process of cooking, this can result in an unpleasant looking exterior. The longer this dirt is left to settle, the harder it will be to remove, so keeping your extractor fan on when cooking on the stove is recommended to keep this unwanted residue to a minimum.
- Pets and Children – excessive handprints (or paw prints) on your external windows can quickly make them grubby in between cleans. A microfibre cloth will help to keep your windows looking fresh, as smudges and marks can quickly be wiped away.
- Hard Water – Whilst rinsing your external windows with the garden hose can be tempting, this is typically hard water filled with sediments and minerals and can leave unwanted water stains. If left untreated, these stains can reduce the lifespan of your windows and lead to costly replacements.
- Window Screens – These types of screens act as protection against creepy crawlies, preventing them from entering your home. However, whilst trapping bugs, these screens also capture dust and dirt, and when it rains this can make its way onto the glass. Washing your window screens on a regular basis will help to avoid dirt escaping and keep your exteriors looking clean.
- Cleaning Solutions – Off-the-shelf cleaning solutions can be great for keeping your interiors looking spotlessly clean, however they often produce residue which is visible on clear glass and therefore leaves your external windows looking slightly neglected. Instead, investing in a professional cleaning service ensures there is no unpleasant residue leftover, and means you can fully enjoy the benefits of having clean windows.
Let your windows sparkle
Allow natural light to fill your home with professionally cleaned windows by Sparkles. Our top of the range equipment allows us to provide a thorough clean of your external windows, reaching all the hard-to-reach spots to give an immaculate and streak-free finish. For more information on our prices and availability, contact us today.